I have found myself making note of a lot of New Year’s resolutions I want to make for 2012 over the past month. I am not usually one for New Year’s resolutions. The last one I recall making was about five or six years ago. I resolved not to judge others or myself. The not judging others part went pretty well. The not judging myself part went really poorly. No one I knew at the time was very surprised by this outcome. They were however a little disappointed that I couldn’t find a way to let up on myself even just a little. At the close of this year I seem to be full of resolve. Maybe it was because this year ranks pretty low. 2011 was a rough year for me. I am more than a little happy to bid it farewell at the end of this week.
My ever-growing list of New Year’s resolutions:
- I will stop using the elevator in my building and go back to using the stairs.
- I will stop multi-tasking, e.g., I will not write while eating dinner or with the T.V. or radio on in the background.
- I will not buy anything new. With the exception of underwear, socks, and shoes I will buy everything second hand or do without. (There will not be much doing without considering all of the stuff I already have.)
- I will eat vegan. (I am quite certain I can survive without cheese and ice cream.)
- I will go to bed by 11:00PM five nights a week.
- I will turn off my computer by 10:00PM every night.
There is some other stuff on the list, but this should more than wet your whistle and clue you into what my little brain has been whirling around these days.