Rather than making a New Year’s Resolution this year I am creating some guidelines for how I would like to live my life from this day forward.
- I will stop holding myself back. (Inner voice of self-doubt, you may go on a very long vacation. Really, you deserve it. You have been working overtime for decades now.)
- I will stop confusing confidence with arrogance or egotism in myself.
- When frustrated by a person or situation I will stop, take a deep breath, consider both sides, and then respond (as opposed to reacting).
- I will take time to do something nourishing for my mind, body, and soul every day.
- I will stand up for others and myself when needed, even if there are unfavorable consequences.
- I will allow myself to be loved as deeply as I love.